Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tech Tip: More on Horizontal Navigation

So, somehow I am still struggling with getting my new stories to show up on the horizontal navigation of my storybook. So, I decided that I would write another tech tip to both serve as a reminder for myself and help those who might be experiencing the same difficulties.

So, after I write my stories, they don't pop up in the navigation, even if I say I want them on their own page. I always try to go into settings under "manage site" and then I accidentally but the story as a sub-page on one of the other stories sites. So, do not click "manage site".

Rather, go to the settings menu, click edit site layout, then hold your cursor over the buttons for the other stories. The entire bar should highlight itself and a little message will pop up that says "edit horizontal navigation". Click anywhere in that highlighted bar, and another window will come up that has the name of all your pages. Click "add page" that's in blue at the bottom of the first box. Click this, and then click the name of the story that you want to add to the navigation bar. Once it is selected, click "okay" and then it should have it's own button in the navigation! 

I don't know why this is so difficult for me to remember, but I also have to re-remind myself every two weeks. I hope this helps anyone else that has also chosen to do a horizontal navigation bar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment