Thursday, April 21, 2016

Reading Diary, Week 13

I really enjoyed reading this week's unit! I chose to read the Fables of La Fontaine this week for my stories. My favorite part of the reading was how light the stories sounded. I think this was because each sentence was so short that it gave it kind of a jumpy, jovial feeling. In my writing, I would like to try and copy this sentence structure. I have not ever changed the structure of my sentences, so this would be a good exercise for me. 

I also really liked how each of the the stanzas rhymed. I think it makes the writing more interesting and more exciting to read. I've said this before, but I want to try and rhyme in my storytelling. I think its a really cool challenge and something that would be really fun.

(The Tortoise and the Hare)
The third thing I liked about the unit was all of the animal stories. I love animals so I tend to gravitate towards stories about them.

My favorite stories from the first part of the unit are the stories by Larned. I was first intrigued by the titles: "Foolish Animals" and "More Foolish Animals". Then, I really liked the content since the stories were very light hearted. I think reading should be a sweet distraction from life and these stories struck me as this way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment